Does your child struggle to read due to dyslexia or visual stress? Are they reluctant to engage with books or read for pleasure? Barrington Stoke Publishing works with the best writers and illustrators to publish super-readable, accessible books that help every child experience the joy of reading.
• Unique, dyslexia-friendly font to make reading easier.
• Accessible layouts and spacing to stop the page from becoming overcrowded.
• Off-white, heavier paper to help reduce visual stress.
• Unpatronizing content matched to the age of the reader not their reading level.
• Expertly edited to ensure comprehension and accessibility.
• Short books and chapters to help build confidence and stamina.
• Award-winning authors and illustrators ensure fantastic stories across all genres.
• Bestselling names that readers will recognise.
• A perfect stepping stone to other books from the same authors.
Barrington Stoke books are hi lo (high interest, low abilty), meaning the content is appropriate to the age of the reader but the text is edited to suit a lower reading age.Our reading ages (RAs) range from 6 to 8+ and our interest ages (IAs) from 3+ to Teen. When you view any title on our website you will find the RA and IA listed. If you don’t know your child’s reading age, ask them to look at the samples and cover any words they can’t read with a finger. If they cover more than five words per page, assume it is too difficult for them right now.
You can download sample pages to try with your child below. If you don’t know your child’s reading age, ask them to look at the samples and cover any words they can’t read with a finger. If they cover more than five words per page, assume it is too difficult for them right now.